Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We interrupt the previously scheduled post...

To tell you about the fun thing that happened at the grocery store yesterday. The kids and I were on a mission to create a Chinese meal from scratch (we had done this menu previously after studying China and it was so delicious everybody was eager to try it again!), and so we were hunting through the produce department for items not generally on our grocery list. As I'm counting heads (of my kids) and searching for won ton wrappers, a dear lady leans toward me and says she's glad we enjoyed our Disneyland trip. I, of course, am racking my brain (perhaps you won't understand this unless you are say 41ish like me but my knee-jerk reaction these days is that I'VE forgotten something, someone, somewhere...) as to who she is and how she knows about our trip. I assume, after my memory reservoir comes up empty that she is a mom to one of my kiddos' friends...but as I look at them they are staring at her blankly.

She obviously recognized our rude, blank stares because she quickly interjected that she is a neighbor of my friend Kristin and reads my blog!

Did you hear that -- she reads my blog? I have a reader!!

Well, the kids and I were so excited that we barely made an audible thank you....and completely forgot to ask her name or introduce ourselves. So, I need to publicly apologize to this sweet neighbor of my friend Kristin...and promise her that NEXT time we will use our manners and behave in a much more civilized manner...

But for now, can I just say, you made our day?! You were a blessing indeed! (And please keep reading...we are just tickled that you do!)

2 comments:

virgdan1 said...

You're Welcome and I'm glad I made your day. This is Virg Donnelly. I enjoy reading your posts and send prayers for your son's future surgery.

Unknown said...

Of course you have readers silly girl. I have often wondered the same thing since I don't get many comments. I love your blog. Great writing. It a great way for me to keep up with you. We are in MS now. I plan to eat at Shipleys asap. We need to get together soon. We are hopeful for a fantastic outcome for the surgery. God is always faithful. Just remember that....