Monday, July 13, 2009

Smile Therapy

July is zooming...it always does. I remember my college days when the fourth of July marked the halfway point of our summer work at Camp Garaywa (one of my favorite places on earth). The days always seemed to accelerate after that.

This year is no different. We are rapidly approaching my sweet Benjamin's hip surgery date of July 31. I want the days to s-l-o-o-o-w-w-w way down. Instead, they seem to be zipping by two at a time!
With that in mind, I am in extra need of smiles this morning. So, I decided today would be a great day to share some of my favorite smiles from our Disney trip! I'm feeling better just thinking about the fun we had!!


Claire and Mommy on the King Triton Carousel in California Adventure!

Mason's smiles always make me smile. They are very contagious!


I love love the Storybook Land at Disneyland. So while I'm sure the kids are humoring me, they never protest about loading the boats and heading into Monstro's mouth for the journey through the miniature land of fairy tales!


Daddy and Cate were having a "stick-out-your-tongue" contest of some sort...I think he was aggravating her and she was using her favorite defense -- tongue out! The sight made me giggle.


Sweet sister moments always bring joy!



Cuddling with my girls in the big comfy chairs in the Grand Californian's lobby also make me smile!



And Daddy especially loves the chairs...he'd like them for our house!



This one might need to be enlarged...the twelve year old daughter riding with her twelve-year-old brother and smiling and having fun together! Do wonders never cease?!


Did I mention I love Storybook Land...we also ride the Casey, Jr train through this delightful land!


Riding Mickey's new and improved Fun Wheel brings nervous smiles until we get used to the sliding and swinging of the Ferris wheel!
I love taking pictures of my family. Love seeing their smiles over and over again. It brings me great pleasure and joy and yet, Hebrews 12:2-3 reminds me how to keep my joy:
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
So today, I am happy for the blessing of the beautiful smiles of my family who remind me to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, the one who will sustain us through this month.

0 comments: