Monday, June 29, 2009

They are back...

My big kids are home. Safe. Sound. And spiritually strong.

I can not quit smiling. Hugging them and rejoicing that all my chicks are back in my nest!

The week was good for them. In spite of some obstacles, they grew in their walk with the Lord. We understand that for summer camp to be attractive to jr. high boys and girls, there has to be an adventure component that isn't necessarily compatible with my boys' abilities. But understanding it and navigating through it are two different things. I am proud of Benjamin and Mason. By all reports they participated when they could and cheered, photographed, watched when they could not. By their own accounts, the worship was the highlight and they both received the blessing of time committed to serious praise of our mighty God!

For my sweet girl, the obstacles were the same that are there for all 12-year-old girls -- other 12-year-old girls. But when faced with some unkind criticism that would have crumpled her mommy, my brave girl prayed that God would help her not have hurt feelings so that she could focus on her relationship with Him! What a blessing!!

Cate and I were likewise blessed by our week together! We swam, read books, played and even fit in a museum! The Phoenix Children's Museum just opened last summer -- we had fun exploring it! Cate had a blast and we'll have to return!

Performing a puppet show for Mommy -- and making sure I'm watching!!


The museum's decor made me smile -- this was a wall of plastered shoes...complete with birdies made of socks!!

Cate loved the Noodle Forest! (though it made me a little crazy....I couldn't find her in there!)


The art room at the museum allowed for all sorts of artistic exploration -- after painting a house, Cate is making jewelry from coke bottle caps!

But the biggest blessing of all is being all back together! We are off for our pre-surgery trip to Disneyland tomorrow and looking forward to some serious dedicated family-time!! Now, that will be a blessing indeed!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!