Friday, July 8, 2022

How does your garden grow?

The little statue stands sentinel over my garden. 



Though not scary in the least, I trust him to keep away anything that might intend harm to my seedlings as they begin to grow, sprout, and offer the food that is their potential.



Yesterday I was sorting through old photos and happened upon these that documented the bright, vibrant colors that adorned this little garden statue when my trio gifted him to me for Mother's Day one year.




I see this mother holding bright and shiny Mickey and I smile. I was just a few years into my own journey of standing sentinel over the little seedlings I had been entrusted to tend, my own little garden.




My eye is drawn immediately to the spot on my knee. I remember when the photos were developed (yes, film, y'all!) I was so disappointed that was there. See, I was so focused on making sure my trio were cute and coordinated that I had not noticed I was sporting only goodness-knows-what on my knee! 



Yes, standing sentinel over a growing garden can be hard, pant-staining work. Knocking down inaccessible barriers so that these three -- and then their little sister -- could find their footings, could grow and sprout and reach their full potential has perhaps knocked the paint off me a bit but I am ever honored to have had the responsibility.



And just like my little garden statue, I plan to stand right here -- available for service whenever they need me.

Carol - The Blessings Counter

0 comments: