Friday, October 26, 2018

From my bunk in this Minnesota lodge.

For five years I called this medical town home. You might not recognize the town's name. Or the view nestled amongst the cornfields and well, more cornfields. You might not have heard of this, the one city in a state of 10,000 lakes WITHOUT a natural lake. 

But if you have ever loved someone with a serious illness, you know the name on every medical building in this town. You know it. You trust it. And chances are you are grateful for some life-saving medicine done here, discovered here, practiced here -- here at the Mayo Clinic.



For five years, this was home. Wade spent most of his hours at that Mayo Clinic, learning, training, caring for patients. And the triplets and I spent our time embracing life in Rochester.

A big part of that for me -- a huge huge part of that -- was Side by Side, a ministry for medical wives. Side by Side was and is an opportunity to connect with other women who understand that though I am married, I am often parenting alone while my guy does some amazing life-saving things.


Worshipping in the Mother Ship -- Side by Side - Rochester, MN.


And Side by Side was where I could say how guilty I felt about wanting my guy to stop the life-saving things to come home and be with us. And Side by Side was where I learned that Wade's calling is really and truly the calling of our family -- and that we have to come along side him to support him so he can do what he does.


Sun was a huge reason I could participate in Side by Side -- she would meet me at the door to help the triplets into her room! I was delighted to see her today and know she is still loving on the babies that come in those doors!


And really, Side by Side is about sisterhood and learning to lean in and on the women willing to stand with you in this journey.


Reuniting with some precious friends is always a gift!
(My internet connection won't let me add all the photos I am trying to add so be on the lookout for more!!)


This weekend I am in Rochester at a retreat for Side by Side leaders. I am thrilled to reconnect with some of my dear friends from my tenure here and excited to make new friends from all over the country -- women committed to come alongside their fellow sisters on this journey.

It's a treat to pass on the support. It's a gift to celebrate our sisterhood. And it is a blessing to be together in this ministry!

Oh there is more to come....



Carol - The Blessings Counter

0 comments: