Friday, August 31, 2012

It is time.

It is true when you live in the desert, you don't have the full array of seasons that other parts of the country enjoy. We have summer. We have a desert-version of winter that means the temps cool down and we might not wear shorts for a few weeks.

But that is ok. Because in our house, we still have what my family considers the most important season of all:  College Football Season.

Circa 2009....

And it begins right now!! Oh there are some seriously happy people in my house. Seriously happy!


Prayer Breakfast before the Gator Bowl following Season 2010...with Coach Dan Mullen!


I scrolled through some photos of recent football seasons. We do love some maroon over here.


On campus during a white out in 2011.

And even as I type, my recipe books are piled beside me in preparation for the first official Bulldog tailgate of the season. Oh, we won't be on campus at our beloved MSU tomorrow (but we will be next weekend!), but we'll delight in some yummy dips, ring our cowbells and watch some serious football.

We can not wait.


Celebrating an extremely wet victory in Egg Bowl 2011!

So as I prepare, I realized my dear friend, and fellow Bulldog, BooMama, is hosting a Dip Party to celebrate. I have to link up and share some yummy goodness to help all my friends celebrate this favorite holiday weekend.

So grab a maroon dish -- ok, you don't have to be a Bulldog to make this -- and get mixing. It really is divine!

Cow Bell Cheese Log

1 -- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1  tablespoon minced onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 cup finely chopped pecans
Wheat Crackers

Beat cream cheese, onion, garlic and dill until smooth. Shape mixture into a log and set aside. Combine butter, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard and pecans in saucepan. Cook, stirring frequently, over low-medium heat until thickened. Cool and spoon sauce over cheese log. Serve with wheat crackers.

The only other ingredients are a cowbell to ring, and a ballgame to watch!

Go Dawgs!

0 comments: