Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Petulant

My handy on-line dictionary defines this word as: likely to have little fits of bad temper; irritable over trifles; peevish.

Ooh. That doesn't sound flattering. And yet this morning, during my Quiet Time, Oswald Chambers (My Utmost for His Highest) pointed out that often our prayer life is exactly that. We turn to God with a sulky, serve ME attitude. Rather than seeking HIS will we demand our own.

I was convicted. Sure, I can rationalize my petulance...and even just typing that makes me want to fall to my knees. I DO NOT WANT TO RATIONALIZE. I do not want to be petulant -- irritable, peevish, fit-throwing -- in my prayer time demanding that God meet my prayer needs the way I deem them met.

Because frankly dear ones, He knows so much better than I. That is a blessing you can count on.

0 comments: