Monday, October 12, 2009

Taking the good with the...not-so-good

It is one of those days. The big kids had a couple of tests today -- two really tough ones. As their teacher, I could have opted not to give them both....but I really want them to be realistically prepared for the day when I'm not in charge. Whew, we are all exhausted.

The little redhead only had to do some finger-painting (which she loved) and work on the number "3" by coloring three foxes. Well....completely feeding off of her siblings she told me she just "couldn't" color them...because well, she apparently really doesn't like foxes. Oh. Who knew?

But then she brought the Panda that makes eating noises to me to say, "Mommy, this bear is antag'nizing me." I said, "What?" She said, "Antag'nizing." I said, "What?" She said, "Uh, Mommy, it is making me crazy with this noise, can you turn it off?!" Ah, antagonizing....who knew?

There is a blessing in here somewhere...but I may need a pedicure to figure it out!

0 comments: