Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A definite lack of hipness...

I blog. I Facebook. I have a laptop. Sometimes, I even carry said laptop around -- well, technically before today I had only carried it from my kitchen desk to the kitchen table to the cuddle chair with my baby Cate (yea, the Facebook addiction gets that bad!)...but I had carried it around.

Today though. Well, today, I actually put it in a bag and carried it across town. I used it in my meetings (really, I know, I don't have meetings. But alas, today I did. Weird, right?), and then packed it back up to take to lunch -- I was after all going to be eating all alone, in a little cafe with WiFi...I thought it would be soooo hip to blog from there. Like. I. am. hip.

Computer unpacked. Salad delivered. I am all a tither.

And nothing. The laptop was dead and in my eagerness to be...um...did I say it?...hip...I didn't even consider bringing the power cord.

So alas. I feel the need to confess my utter lack of hipness, my friends. And if only I were blogging about my utter lack of hips....then I would have a blessing indeed!! If only...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a gift with writing. I wish I could write as well as you. You are very hip!

Sarah Armstrong said...

Oh, that made me laugh out loud!!!! How funny! :) Hope y'all are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we need a reminder to turn the computer off!