Sunday, October 19, 2008

Marshmallow Memories



Because I was receiving complaints that I hadn't posted pictures in a few posts (OK, just from my mother and kids...but they count!)...I have to share some ooey, gooey, sticky cuteness with you!

Temperatures in the desert have finally dropped out of the triple digits...and while I love anything that comes in triplicate (hee hee), I am rejoicing in cooler nights and the fun that brings! The big kids had such fun roasting marshmallows and eating s'mores at their school's Outdoor Ed that they wanted to share that with sweet Cate. She loves marshmallows (considers them a major food group!) but had never experienced the wonder that is a s'more. So, we lit our little backyard fireplace, unbent some wire coat-hangers (Hey! That's how we did it when I was a kid!) and had some serious fun!

It took Cate a minute to get the hang of it...she would roast, then eat the marshmallow right off the stick. Finally, she let me put one inside the cracker with the chocolate. Yummy. But apparently, she is a purist. After a couple bites of that, she put it down and went back to eating them straight off the stick!!

Won't you come join us? We have a few extra coat-hangers...and everything is more fun with some friends thrown in!

1 comments:

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

I'll be right there!!!! What an idyllic way to spend an evening with the kids and Pluto!