Monday, March 17, 2008

Bulldogs and Blooms



Happy Monday! We are celebrating the Bulldogs making it to the NCAA Basketball tournament today! It's always fun to watch March Madness, but it's so much more so when our dawgs are there!
The weekend brought cooler temps to us out here but we have so been enjoying the beautiful weather that I had to share this picture of sweet Cate hanging out with Mommy just "being" in our lawn chairs! She loves to sit outside -- and run outside, and ride her trike outside and chase the dog outside! ha
On a bloom note -- if you'll notice my gorgoeous lantana behind her, you can grieve with me that they had to be removed right after this photo was taken! We had some drainage issues that had to be resolved and so "of course" they had to rip out my favorite part of the yard! They have replaced the lantana today, with tiny little plants. But I remember that is how this started so hopefully, it will return to this state soon enough! :)
So today I'm counting my blessings for blooming flowers (my favorite time of year!) and my basketball Bulldogs -- and of course, all of my beloveds!

1 comments:

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Sad for the lantana - that's one of my favorites as well. However, they do grow quicky, especially in your part of the world. The ones along our front walk have yet to awaken from winter but there are buds on the possumhaws and redbuds and doublefile viburnum - glorious! Spring is just around the corner! Hello and my love to all - Debi