Monday, September 7, 2020

I'm not crying.



To my Little Red,

You start high school tomorrow. I am trying to play it cool. But there are just a few things I need to say. I told you today that I am so proud of you. You asked me why and I know it sounded so lame to you when i said "for being you." But oh Cate, I need you to know that my answer wasn't lame. I am proud of who you are....


1. I am proud of the way you climbed off your high chair as a little bitty thing so you could wipe the ice cream off your brother's face. You climbed up on the wheel of his wheelchair and gently wiped his chin. You KNEW already that we needed your help. And you were willing to give it graciously.


Add caption



Remember that over the next four years, you are going to meet people who need you. Remember to always take the time to help them.






2. I am proud of the way you meet new people with an open heart, always. You were barely three when you made a best friend waiting at Disneyland for the Fantasmic show. I had to introduce myself to her parents because y'all were inseparable! You moved across country twice in five years, and have made the most amazing friends wherever you land.


Add caption




This year will look different due to the COVID stuff -- but remember to open your heart as you meet new people and make new friends. 




3. I am proud of the way you go after what you love. Watching you find your softball team in Delaware and make them your people has been such a great delight! 






Add caption



High school is going to throw all sorts of things your way -- I know you will hit it out of the ballpark. But listen, if you don't always hit it out of the park, that is totally ok too. And Cate, I will be here in your cheering section no matter what. Always.





4. Ok, this will be the last one, I promise. I am proud of the way you embrace adventure! Your future is bright, my girl. You have picked a fabulous high school and even in this strange pandemic season, I know you are going to have a great four years. Seize all the moments, and take advantage of every opportunity!


Add caption
 


So yea, I am proud of you, Cate. And I can't wait to hear all about your first day of HIGH SCHOOL!!

I love you so.
Mom.




Carol - The Blessings Counter

0 comments: