Sunday, December 27, 2015

Checking In.

Maybe we need an agreement....if you notice me unusually quiet over here, you probably should send someone to investigate. It is never a good sign if I have little to say. Never.

And it isn't that I have little to say now...I have things to say. But man, the things are hard and messy and make me cry a bit. The last few months have just been tough.

Not there-is-a-health-crisis-and-we-need-to-pull-ourselves-up-and-fight-through-it tough -- though there were TWO of those. Not all-my-friends-left-me-and-I-have-no-one-to-talk-to tough. Though we left so many in Arizona, we also have lovelies here in Mississippi.

No, the tough isn't earth-shattering, or life-or-death or even bad stuff happening. It is none of those things. The tough is simply the fact that my amazing trio have left for college and I miss them.

Period.

I miss them.

I have been at a loss for what to do with myself. Oh, I am still busy with Benjamin's routine and Cate's. They keep me hopping.

But I am no longer homeschooling four young Shraders. My days are no longer packed to overflowing with their stuff, their lives, their studies, their presence.

Oh how I miss their presence.

My mother always said God sent me triplets because having one baby would not have kept me busy enough. We have laughed about it for years. And it was funny. Right up until move-in day at Mississippi College and Millsaps, and first day of classes at Belhaven.

Sigh.

So please know I am here. I am eager to share with you how great the trio are doing in college (We have made two dean's lists and a president's list, thank you very much!) and how Little Red has not only adjusted to school but absolutely loves it!

But today, I am getting ready to make some memories while my crew are home from school and I don't want to waste a single minute!

Oh I hope your Christmas has been merry! And that your New Year is looking bright!




Carol - The Blessings Counter

0 comments: