Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

It is my 19th Father's Day without mine.

Today's is not any easier than the first one was. I miss you, Daddy.





Thank you for loving me with unconditional love. When I was sassy and bossy and thought I knew so much, you listened to every one of my little fits and loved me anyway. When I was scared and unsure, you held me and convinced me I could do anything. When I struggled in my teenage years with the goody-two-shoes label, you looked me in the eyes and told me how you had prayed mightily for God to use me in big ways the day I was born. You assured me He was...and would continue (I hope you are right.).





You gave me a safe place to see the world -- and attempt to tackle it!  You drove me to college. You painted dorm rooms and made them my own. You packed apartments and cleaned carpets. You made each and every transition in my life easier than I could have imagined. Assuring me the entire time that I could tackle the next milestone, and so I did.





You were proud of me. I miss you being proud of me so much. In your eyes I saw my potential. In your love, I felt able to tackle the world. You were the definition of what a Daddy should be. And while I miss you so much, I know you are being rewarded in heaven -- I just hope it is with cake and ice cream that is just the perfect softness!

Thank you, Daddy. Thank you for making me the woman I am. 

Happy Father's Day!

0 comments: