Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Making Memories.

Once upon a time, a little girl and her Daddy would take a pair of his jeans, one of his old shirts and a bunch of straw. We would stuff the pants and shirt with the straw and then add a head and wig from Mama's beauty shop under a crazy hat and set it on our front porch. We would walk around the front of the house a million times to admire our work. Grinning from ear to ear the entire time.






Today, I miss my dad and his crazy scarecrow-building fun. And though I haven't tried to build a scarecrow since I was a little girl, I have tried to create similar memories with my own kids.

We fully embrace this time of year -- we visit pumpkin patches, pick out costumes (agonizingly sometimes) and make apple cider. We buy candy (my picky kids insist we have some chocolate...) and candy corn. We decorate. We carve. We giggle.





And we watch scary movies -- the really scary ones, like "Mickey Mouse's House of Villains!" ha


Couldn't resist the screen shot of Huey, Duey and Louie...that's what we called the triplets when I was pregnant!


And we trick-or-treat with our best friends.


(Dad and the boys watched Twilight Zone while we went around the neighborhood!)




And we have some sweet family time. Making memories. Counting blessings. Having fun. Maybe next year, we'll build a scarecrow....

0 comments: