Friday, February 4, 2011

Prayer Request

Well, I wanted to write a whine-full post today. I need to tell you that my Mason has broken his foot...his foot on the SAME leg he had surgery on in May and then broke in November. I want to whine about that I really do.

But God keeps prompting me not to whine. Mason is fine. He doesn't even need a cast -- just 24/7 wearing his orthotic on that foot to hold it in place. He can still walk, albeit slower than normal. And it should heal nicely.

The big lesson for us is that we need to remember his leg is NOT completely over the shock this year has given it. And frankly, I am considering giving him milk through a constant IV drip. Would that be bad?!

As I got geared up to have a pity party -- full of chocolate, salsa, chips and woe-is-mes -- God showed me a scripture that stopped me in my tracks:

"Those who are righteous will be long remembered. They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the Lord to care for them. They are confident and fearless and can face their foes (or broken legs) triumphantly." Pslam 112:6-8 (NLT)


*Italics mine...and I feel the need to tell you that because I read it that way to my children and the first thing Cate told her Daddy when he came home was "The Bible even said we could face broken legs!" Clearly I didn't clarify my addition...


And though, I felt God had my attention at this point. He further drew me to the blog of a sweet family here in Phoenix whose daughter has been battling cancer for the last year and a half. I had not checked in  on their blog lately because she was doing well and I thought things were good. But when I checked yesterday, her MRI this week showed some concerns. So would you join me in praying for this little 7-year-old, Kate McRae? You can read her blog by clicking HERE.

Perspective is a blessing. But so is a God that cares about every detail of our lives -- the big, the not-so-big, the minute!

2 comments:

The Halenkamps said...

Oh My Carol, those parents are facing my worst nightmare. I will have them in my prayers along with your beautiful trio. Now to get some much needed tissue!

Claire from the Calico Corner said...

What a great post, Mom! Perspective is definitely a vital part of 'Keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus'. (to quote another of our memory verses...: ) )
I'm keeping Kate McRae in my prayers. Love you!
Claire