Tuesday, May 18, 2010

19 years ago...


I said "I do" to my college sweetheart. I promised to love, cherish and even obey. I promised that whatever the years held, we would enjoy them together. Oh, I love this guy.


Our honeymoon was in....Walt Disney World. (Surprised?!) I had never been. I was instantly in-love (ah, now you know!).

The pictures are old....but if you look really closely at the first one, you will see that our ears say "Mr. Shrader" and "Mrs. Shrader"....it was my idea....years before they started selling ears with a bridal veil or a top hat....I wanted the world to know that I was his...and he was mine!

The picture with Mickey makes me smile -- it is tattered, a bit torn and somewhat worse for the wear as it has moved around all over the country in the ride we call our marriage. Symbolic, I think!

So blessed to celebrate this day, so blessed to be loved by this man, so blessed to be his wife!

Happy Anniversary, my wonderful Wade!! Can't wait to see what the next 19 years bring! I love you!

0 comments: