Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Morning by morning...

We are definitely on the roller-coaster of recovery around here. There have been several moments where I think, "Wow, we are back to normal almost." And then there are moments where I am worried this may never end -- moments where my boy's pain makes him too restless to sleep, and extremely emotional. And sometimes, dear ones, we experience both emotions in the same day, same hour even.

Today, is a good day. Benjamin slept fairly well last night. He re-joined his brother and sister in going to Band this morning (sitting tall in his power chair) and then afterwards felt energetic enough to do a little shopping with his stash of surgery-monies (Such love he has felt with cards, calls and a little cash even!).

Now he is back in his knee-immobilizers, abductor pillow and reclining (non-power) chair....but he has a PlayStation controller in his hands and so, life is good!

Even in his most-emotional moments, he is an amazing kid. After a particularly restless night over the weekend (read: we were awake every 45 minutes as I tried to reposition him, or ease the discomfort in some way.), he looked at me and told me he was certain I am an angel...now, my friends, there is not much I wouldn't do for him anyway, but now that he has deemed me angelic...well, he can disturb my sleep any time!

But exhausted, weary of his pain, and anxious to have my family back to normal...I have had my moments this week. Faithfully, God brought this passage to mind:

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness!" Lamentations 3: 22-23

So today, I am thankful for God's fresh mercies each day -- and for four children that never cease to amaze me!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I was about to email you because you had not updated!!
he is just figuring out what some of us have known for years...you are a TRUE angel!!!!