Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Promotion...


Oh, there are Mommy-days where the laundry, dishes and dirty bathrooms steal the joy. No matter how hard we try to hold those at bay, they happen. They just do.


But not today.


Cate and I have a new post-nap routine. It started last week when she wasn't feeling great. In my effort to help her rest one day, I taught her about tent-making...climbing under the covers and enjoying giggles with her! She loved it. So for the last few days she has woken up from her nap, calling for me, "Mommy, I am ready to make a tent with you!!" at the top of her little lungs.


Today, once our tent was secure and her little eyes were dancing with the pure joy produced by being three and finding a new favorite activity, we played our "more than..." game. You know the one, "I love you more than chocolate chip cookies..."


She is just catching on to the game and so usually just says, "I love you more than ice cream" to my "cookies" or "flowers" to my "butterflies" etc. And we did that for a little while.


And then she looked at me, completely into the game, and getting better at it by the minute...


"Mommy, I love you more than Cinderella....and she is my FAVORITE!"


And my heart almost burst. She gets it...and I got promoted above the princess. Oh yeah...I'm doing a happy dance!


And then I had a thought -- I bet when I take time to get in my Quiet Time place, alone with God, and show him with my thoughts, time and heart that I love him MORE, well, I just bet the God that created me for his pleasure, for his fellowship, for his purpose, does as big a happy dance as we have ever seen!


Oh, the blessings.

0 comments: